Vision: The intent of TEN is to develop and promote the Southern Tier of NY for clean energy business growth, creation of clean energy jobs, energy conservation and efficiency adaptation, development and adoption of renewable energy and energy storage technology and services, and fostering a venture capital friendly environment for energy innovators.
Purpose: To encourage and accelerate business development with a focus on the energy sector in response and to support the NYS Clean Energy Standard and the Reforming the Energy Vision programs. TEN is comprised of a network of industry, government, community, and higher education leaders with expertise and interest in energy conservation, emerging energy technologies, renewable generation, sustainability, finance, venture capital, workforce development, innovation, building construction and marketing to:
• Focus and facilitate business growth of the energy sector and promote smart energy technology and services in the Southern Tier.
• Accelerate the Southern Tier energy industry cluster and growth of 76 West companies.
• Improve the energy cost profile and sustainability of the Southern Tier.
• Promote workforce development and jobs in the Southern Tier.
• Make smart energy technology a core strength as measured by jobs created; research and development; venture capital per capita; greenhouse gas abatement; public health; smart energy business growth and industry reputation.
- Become informed about smart energy developments in the Southern Tier in regulated and competitive markets.
- Share best practices in order to attract development, reduce energy cost profile and improve sustainability.
- Participate in one or more committees including:
- Cleaner Greener and Climate Smart Communities implementation and tracking
- Food and agriculture
- Transportation and advanced manufacturing
- Technology and business development
- Workforce development
- Communications and promotion
- Improve the ability to become aware of emerging opportunities and to develop partnerships: State, Federal and Industry Grants; Research and Development; Business. Growth and Attraction; and new Business Development.
- Position our region as a clean energy hub.
- Become better connected to other energy organizations: NYSERDA, NY BEST, University Research Centers, Independent System Operators, Venture Capital, Startup Alliance, Entrepreneur Alliance, and Energy Consultants.